Book Two of The In Between Series
Genre: YA Author: Catherine Converse
Fade to Silver Synopsis:
Adie is forced into new territory when her dream overlaps with a complete stranger in a different part of the country, while Dannika escapes from Research, not accepting the new assets in her brain that will change the way she works forever. Despite their separation, their lives merge once again to solve a major corporate conspiracy case, where one man has already lost his life, and Adie has set interference in motion on the next victim in line. But the corporation holds something that is so special, they aren’t the only ones that are willing to kill for it.
With two young men battling for her affection, Adie struggles to keep focus on the case. Once again, Adie and Dannika become the targets, as they become identified as obstacles for those who are after the corporation’s unique discovery. Until it becomes clear that only one person has the power to stop the chain reaction that has begun. And only one question will reveal that person. Who holds the key?
We had the chance to ask Catherine a few out of the ordinary questions, and here they are with her wonderful answers. Many thanks for taking the time to answer them!!
1. If you were granted one wish what would it be and why?To have a full-time Nanny! Haha! Actually, I love that I get to stay home with my four children and feel so fortunate and grateful to be able to do so. But there are definitely times when their activities and responsibilities for school and everything else they have going on rules my schedule, and I don’t have time to write. Balancing writing and mother is very difficult, but each is so rewarding in its own way. I imagine in a few years when they’re all grown and don’t need me as much, that wish will be very different. I’ll probably be wishing they were all little again! But in make-believe life, my wish would be that could snap my fingers, and my backyard would become where ever I want it to be. So I felt like skiing, I would *snap* and it would be a big ski mountain. Then I could come in for a hot bath and *snap*, it’s a beach with a spa. That would be so amazingly awesome.
2. If you were given the power to change one thing anywhere what would it be and why?I would make sure all the children of the world had food, shelter, clothing, education and clean water. If we take care of the children of the world, everything would change. The impact of children has a ripple effect. They are the seeds, if only we could nurture and tend to all of them the way they need us to!
3. Who would be your fantasy paranormal date and what would you do?I definitely would escape to another world. I think it would be cool to just unzip the sky and go somewhere super cool; it would have to have beaches though. I live in Montana, and right now we’re knee deep in either mud or snow (depending on the day), so tropical weather for sure. My date wouldn’t be a werewolf or a fairy or a vampire, but more like a superhero – batman, spiderman, you get the just – and would have time travel powers. It’d be nice to have dinner in Mexico (because Margaritas and Mexican beer rock), then an after dinner glass of wine on the Coast of Marseilles in France, then to the Caribbean for some dancing. Then he could shoot me back home to my own bed for a good night’s sleep. I love sleep.
4. Is dream magic real to you? Do you believe dreamwalkers exist?I am ridiculously fascinated with dreams. I pretty much feel that anything is possible in the dreamworld. So yes, dream magic is totally real. I love the idea of entering sleep to the sound of drums and then Bam!, you and the dreamwalker are facing a fear, or saving someone from certain death! But I do believe that only certain people possess such a unique talent. And dreamwalkers have the ability to heal or to help us visit someone who’s past in our dreams. That would be an awesome talent. There is so much good they can accomplish. As long as they are using it for good, of course. I would ask my dreamwalker to lead me to the best spa and leave me there for days.
5. What is your super power?I have this uncanny ability to read horses’ minds. I know exactly what my horses are thinking. It usually has something to do with Hay. I can also fly. But I only do it when my kids aren’t around, because I’m getting too old to have passengers.
6. What is your favorite supernatural being?The idea of vampires or werewolves freaks me out, and I can’t imagine if they were real. So in terms of a being I could imagine being real, I’d have to vote for mermaids. I really want to be best friends with one.
7. If you could mind warp anywhere(both real and unreal) where would you go? Why?First, I’d visit every single place in Jimmy Buffett’s songs. Then I would go to Wonderland, because someone needs to quick the Queen of Heart’s butt in croquet. Then I’d go with Ariel (the mermaid) under the sea, because she would be my best friend.
8. If you could be queen of any supernatural group which one would you choose to lead?I’d have to say the queen of a group of super highly intelligent women that are all really cool, fun to be around, like to drink wine, snowboard, and read books, AND are psychic and help the cops solve crimes, without anyone every knowing about it, of course. Oh, and Patrick Jane from the Mentalist would be allowed to help us out every now and then. But only when we say so, and otherwise, it’s an all-girl club. No boys allowed.
About the Author:
She wishes there were more hours in the day (who doesn’t, right), and that her mind would just shut down sometimes.
If not writing, or researching, she would really like to be outside with her family, and preferably on her snowboard. Or just petting their horses.
Grateful for such a blessed life, she just hopes to bring stories of all kinds to life, and enjoyment to those who read them.
Catherine owns and operates Golden Dot Publishing, an independent publishing company.