Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Lonely by Tara Brown


This book is rated 19+ due to extreme sexual and language content!


*Blurb*
The Lonely

The truth is subjective to what the lonely lets in. 

Emalyn Spicer has lived with it for a long time. She thinks it goes back further than her memories do. She knows it goes back further than the OCD.

When she arrives at college, her OCD's and the lonely refuse to let her have her wish to be normal. 

When she meets Sebastian and starts to fall for him, she lets herself believe it's possible to outrun the things chasing her from the past. But how to you get away from the things inside of you? How do you run from yourself?

Just as she gives up and succumbs to the lonely, the unthinkable happens. She finds herself once again trapped in the dark, once again held against her will.

This time she meets the lonely head on. In the darkest corners of her mind, she discovers there is more to her world than she ever imagined. She discovers that the lonely was there for her, protecting her from herself and her secrets.

How far would you go to find yourself?

This is a dark and captivating novel, tread lightly 

Don't forget to check out the companion novel due out in the summer of 2013, The Lost Boy. Maybe that'll help you sort out the things you have leftover from the story...


Buy Links:

Kj's Review
A damaged soul with severe OCD Emalyn heads off to college in the hopes she can get past the lonely to have a more normal life. With her best friend Michele to help her she starts in on her college life. Sebastian, a very nice young man whom Emalyn tries dating, tries to understand who she is...too cute. Emalyn's mysterious benefactor seems to drive her nuts more than anything else and to top it off Michele gets involved with her driver Stuart. As her days pass though, Emalyn finds that the lonely seems to be hiding more than she thought.
This book completely blew me away, Tara Brown has outdone herself! I have never read a book that could make me so uncomfortable at times, then cry and laugh. I can't begin to find the words to praise this book. I would highly recommend it to a more mature level of reader, it definitely isn't for the faint of heart or younger crowd. I would like to thank Tara Brown for giving me a copy of her book to read and review, it was a pleasure!!!

Meet the Author!!

I am not going to talk in the third person. It feels weird.
I am a Canadian author of Paranormal Romance, Post Apocalyptic and Fantasy novels. Mostly because I think I have Writers ADD, I like to call it WADD. It might be a real thing.
I write New Adult, my books have sexual content (Heck yes) and Swearing. You have been warned. Now enjoy!
I have a beagle named Buster, a husband who I force to read everything I write and two girls who want so badly to be a character in my books. And not in that order.
I am mid thirties so be prepared for the chick lit novel this year. I am calling it my Ode to my Midlife Crisis. 
I have been writing since I was old enough to lie. So for some time.
Welcome to my world. Please enjoy the ride.


                      Stalk Tara here:
                                      Website
                                      Blog
                                      Twitter
                                      Facebook
                                      Goodreads
                                      




No comments:

Post a Comment