Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Crimson Flames

Half-vampire Abby Tate is determined to learn more about the sorceress powers that were awakened inside her when she was turned into a vampire—making her a whole new hybrid species. There’s a group of rogue vamps banding together and forming a Resistance against the vampire governing body, The Head Council, and Abby’s newly discovered powers are the key to the Council’s victory. Now the Resistance will do anything possible to remove the hybrid threat, and with no other options, Abby is forced to rely on the aid of the Council, yet can she trust the very vampires that hunt for her human lover? And even worse, can she fight the unwelcome attraction that’s growing between her and one of those ancient vampire rulers?



Title: Crimson Flames
Author: Ashley Robertson
Genre: New Adult Paranormal Romance



Buy Links:










Excerpt from Crimson Flames:

The hostility I felt in the air, an awareness that something truly evil was out there, intimidated me, and I wasn’t about to play nice with them.  
First there was a snap, crunch, pop, then an explosion of similar sounds on all sides. I forced a deep, slow breath, willing the fire to my awaiting hands. Pools of orange and red heat filled up my palms in slick, gooey balls. At once, a horde of people wearing tattered clothes charged from every direction. A quick observation of their dirty faces confirmed they weren’t human as they stared blankly ahead, ghostly white eyes and foam spilling out of their open mouths as they growled and moaned. “Now!” Tristan yelled. And that was all we needed to take action. I thrust out my hands, shooting multiple lava balls at the three walking dead directly in front of me. They screeched and wailed before completely disintegrating into dark gray puddles of thick, molten earth.
I flashed around, briefly catching sight of Tristan swinging his outstretched hand as if it were a blade and slicing the heads off two of those things with his fingers. “Oh my go…” I mumbled through a gasp, then flung four more lava balls at the beasties closing in on me. After a few short seconds they met the same fate as the last ones, and I sprung up, spiraling in the air, then landed my heel in the chest of another attacker. It fell back, arms flailing and legs fighting to regain balance. I studied it a moment, taken aback by its messy dark hair spilling in matted clumps around its human-looking face. Once a woman close my age, but now some kind of monster with dirt caked across her forehead and grimy foam mixed with blood spilling out of her open mouth. Recovering its balance, it gave a low, threatening growl before lunging at me. I jumped up and kicked, my boot crushing its nose, then swung out my back fist as I landed and cracked my knuckles against cheekbone. It released an agonizing moan garbled by the blood and fluids in its mouth, then spit a mouthful of milky pink liquid that landed on the ground a few inches from my boot. Smoke rose as the saliva tore through the weeds on the ground. Silencing my surprise, I blasted the monster with my fire and it disintegrated seconds after impact. I glanced back down and saw a crater in the ground about a half-foot deep and the same in width. 
Wondering about what I’d just seen, I surveyed my surroundings. There were only a few of those creature-things left. Tristan was battling two of them, still using his arm as a sword. And Stone was fighting one of them combat style, since he didn’t seem to be quite fast enough to rip off the darn thing’s head. I closed my eyes, summoning my fire to the three remaining beasties. I’d never done that before, but I had a sixth sense that it would work nonetheless. So I dug deep inside, directing the heat and sending it outward. I could feel my heart pounding in my ears, feel it jiggling the sweat pooled at my nape. My whole body shuddered with swirling currents of charged heat, prickling my skin like flaming ice as I pushed all my power to the remaining creatures. Eerie moments passed, but I dared not open my eyes for fear of losing my concentration.

About Ashley Robertson:

Ashley Robertson resides in sunny Orlando, Florida, and loves writing about anything paranormal. She also composes poems and songs, though she learned long ago she doesn’t have a singing voice. When she isn’t writing you’ll find her spending time with family and friends, training in her home gym, traveling and exploring new places, and drinking fine red wines and gourmet coffees from her Nespresso machine.




For a sneak peek at Ashley Robertson’s upcoming books, giveaways, and blog entries

Author's Links:







No comments:

Post a Comment