Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Solstice by Bryan Dull

In Gavin Moxley's world, there is no thin line between right and wrong. In a personal crusade to help sever a line of disease carried by a clan of vampires, Gavin has no choice but to be ruthless. The Vampires are purposely infecting the human population…waiting for humans to actively pass it on to each other. Gavin takes no chances and executes them one by one. Not strong or powerful, finding humans before they turn into full vampires is ideal and Gavin’s best bet.

Yes, this is Gavin’s life…

…And nothing ever changes it until a young half breed vampire with special abilities, Solstice, attaches and makes herself a fixture in his life when she asks for his help and protection and when a reluctant Gavin agrees he joins a dangerous game of cat and mouse. There is no safe place and the pair are constantly watching their backs. Torn between his hate and his love for Solstice, Gavin is thrown into a moral dilemma that only he can figure out but two things are clear…
His faith and Humanity are being tested and the past is not always forgotten
Purchase Links:
Paperback Edition
Kindle Edition

Author Q & A: Interesting Stuff
Q: What was your inspiration for Solstice?
A: My daughter. The story started off as a screenplay but then I got writers block and could not figure out a good angle on the story. Solstice was never part of the original story. She was an after thought when my daughter was born.

Q: What or who has been the biggest influence on your writing?


A: Clive Barker, Neil Gaiman, Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk, and William S. Buroughs. They are not afraid to go into bizarre territory and I strive to be like that to a certain degree.


Q:   Did you pattern any of your characters after yourself?
A: Gavin is more like me in his former personality, but after the tragedy that occurred in his life he lost his way. I know what losing your way is like and I think he is closest to me in that regard. On the flip side, the Allen character represents my goofier side.

Q: Do you believe there is magic in books?
A: Of course! I think that books are a way to stay away from the things that life can deal a person and if a book can make you feel better for a while, I think that is magic enough.

Q:
Do you see new possibilities for stories everywhere you go?
A: I am always observing people and situations that I happen to stumble across; people, media, government, and they facts about things that make me ask "why?"

Q: What do you consider to be your greatest achievement thus far?
A: This book out now. I have been moving this story around now for four years. It is done and I can talk about it and start on something better than the last.
Stalker Links: 
Facebook 
Website 

No comments:

Post a Comment