Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Proximity and Relativity by MA George

Book Info- 
Title:Proximity 
Proximity Series-Book #1 
By: M.A. George
Published on October 3, 2012

Book Blurb:
Dr. Palta Capal would be a typical American career woman…if only she were human.

She has found her calling in this world as a physician. It’s an ideal outlet for her compassionate spirit...and unearthly healing powers.

Palta may spend her nights rereading Jane Austen novels, but she deliberately avoids pursuing her own love story. Human men — attractive as they may be — inevitably grow old and wither, leaving her to grieve in solitude. Frankly, no one has seemed worth the torment.

Enter Eric Moran, the intensely attractive and enigmatic new coworker on the scene. With his quiet confidence and warm smile, he manages to draw Palta’s attention. Little does she know that he, too, holds a secret…one that will propel them both into an escalating collision of two worlds. 

Amazon Kindle
Barnes & Noble Paperback
Barnes & Noble Nook
Smashwords
Excerpt:
I regained consciousness with my face still resting against his chest, rejoicing at its steady rise and fall.  His heart thumped powerfully in my ear, and I paused there to listen to the most wonderful sound imaginable.  I would have been content to daydream there for hours, but I snapped back into reality as a low groan resonated in Eric’s chest.  I quickly pushed myself up and scooted back to sit a few feet away from him, suddenly uncomfortable with physical contact.
Eric reached his hand up to rub the side of his head as he slowly propped himself up with the opposite elbow.  His eyes passed over the contents of the cramped shed, coming to rest on my face.
“Palta?” he asked, the confusion plainly visible on his face.
I hesitated momentarily, preoccupied with the fact that he knew my name.  “Yes?”  I finally managed to speak.
Regaining his polished composure, he lowered his hand and pushed up to a seated position.  With a polite tone, he said, “Forgive me, Palta—but I seem to be having difficulty recalling how we got here…”
“How’s your head?” I asked, as he reached up again to massage the side of his scalp.  “You took quite a blow.”
He lowered his eyes, tilting his head to the side and creasing his forehead for a moment as he considered the idea.  Eventually he collected himself again as he looked back up toward the door.  We both realized simultaneously that the light through the tiny window was beginning to fade to night.
Eric began to shift his weight to stand, but faltered as he stumbled backward into the cabinet behind him.
“Sit back down,” I urged him.  “You’re still weak…You lost a lot of blood.”
Suddenly he froze, his eyes now wide with alarm as he focused on my left shoulder.  I looked down to see the conspicuous patch of orange beginning to dry on my sleeve.
I looked back up at his face, still frozen with shock, with an anxious tension in my eyes.  I waited for a moment, then sighed aloud with the thought of what I was about to do.   Tentatively, I raised my hand and touched my fingertips to my right temple.  Diverting my eyes away from his, I slowly swept my bangs up and back, carefully tucking the strands behind my ear.  After a long pause, I shifted my eyes back to meet his gaze.
Eyes still wide, he swallowed hard as he took in the sight of me.  Then, with a startling jolt, he turned and darted toward the door.  I sat motionless as the sound of his footsteps pounding on the pavement rapidly receded into the distance.
I stayed there for several minutes, utterly spent, mulling over the images in my mind.  I was used to the unusual—but this evening had gone well beyond unusual.  My mind settled on two concerning realities:
Firstly, the sight of my ears could definitely clear a room.
Secondly—and much more disturbingly—Eric Moran was deathly afraid of me.

Kj's Review of Proximity:
   Palta is an alien who feels somewhat alone in life, she has no man because she doesn’t want them to grow old without her. Then she meets Eric, whom she is completely drawn to without knowing why. She lives a very quiet life, spending time reading and being with her father and sister. What she doesn’t know is that Eric is hiding a secret too and that the secret will change her very existence. When she saves him from a fire in his lab she discovers that he has the same blood she does. When they finally all come together amazing facts come to light and Palta’s life begins to change.
  This is a well written story of aliens who came to earth and live quietly among us. The story makes it so believable, you get drawn into the story immediately. I enjoyed it very much. I would like to thank MA George for the chance to read and review her book. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good story.


Book Info-
Title: Relativity
Proximity Series Book #2 
By M.A. George
Publication Date: January 9, 2013 

Book Blurb:
No matter the planet, Palta Capal is an alien. 

She’s lived a lifetime where she never belonged…but relocating to the “home world” she’s never seen has her feeling more like an outsider than ever.

Teetering between the thrill of newfound love and the despair of family loss—not to mention the looming threat of global war—Palta doesn’t need any more excitement in her life. 

But what she needs and what she gets are two entirely different things.

Excerpt:
My eyes crossed as I focused on Nangí’s spindly finger.  He was no longer using it to meter the tempo of his words.  He was pointing.
Very deliberately.
At my face.
“Excuse me?...” I reacted with a look of confusion.  “I was with you, right up until that last part.”  It was plainly apparent he was referring to me specifically, but I couldn’t imagine why.  The intensity of his gaze made me shift uncomfortably in my seat.  “Um…I’ve never really had too much of a problem with being underestimated.”
“You only assume so,” he countered, “because you underestimate yourself.”
I was growing increasingly weirded out by his probing stare.  I couldn’t feel him permeating my mind…but there was no telling what he might be up to in there without my knowledge.
He read the question in my eyes as I studied him uneasily.  “You wonder what I could possibly know about you that you don’t already know about yourself?”
“Something like that…”  I nodded anxiously.
“I’ve been around a while…”  He gave a smug little raise of his eyebrows.  “I’ve learned a few things.”
Part of me wanted to fire back that I didn’t care how old he was…I wasn’t interested in having my fortune told.  But somewhere in the back of my mind was the nagging thought that he might have a point.  I found myself staring absently into his smoky gray eyes, clouded by antiquity.  It was impossible to fathom all that he had seen in his life…all that he had survived.  Nangí was living history.  And he undoubtedly knew a thing or two about life that deserved my consideration.    “Fine, I’ll bite,” I sighed in resignation.  “Why shouldn’t I be underestimated?”
“A unique power such as yours holds tremendous potential,” he replied shrewdly.  “Particularly in the context of current world affairs.”
“Is healing really that unique?” I questioned skeptically.  “And what does that have to do with current events?”
“Healing power is somewhat unique,” he shrugged indifferently.  “But that’s not the power I was referring to.”
“Of course it wasn’t,” I nodded with an amused smirk.  “Hmm, let me guess…You were referring to my ability to watch the same movie a hundred times and still somehow find it interesting?”  I squinted my eyes, feigning a look of intense concentration.  “Or perhaps my mad karaoke skills?...Oh, wait!  I do make a mean plate of nachos,” I added with a deviously self-satisfied nod.  “Maybe I could bore Bito Obo half to death with a repetitive movie marathon—then serenade him with a rousing rendition of ‘Dancing Queen’—while I finish him off with a hideous case of nacho-fueled indigestion.”  I scoffed with a sarcastic roll of my eyes, “You know, I don’t think any of those count as actual powers, per se…Guess your sensors are a little off kilter.”  I returned to a straight face, my tone of sarcasm fading.  “I only have one power, Nangí.”
“You can be intensely aggravating...”  His expression struck me as closer to boredom than aggravation.  “And somehow I suspect this isn’t the first time you’ve been told that.”
“Nope,” I smiled mischievously.  “Nor the last…”

Kj's Review of Relativity:
  Headed back to the home planet she has never seen with the love of her life, Palta starts to find out all kinds of new things. Not only does she need to learn her home planet’s language but she has powers besides her healing abilities. The war on their home planet is a vicious one, and the man leading it can warp people’s minds into not seeing him when he is right in the vicinity. Will everything come out alright in the end?
  As with the first I fell very easily into this book and did not want to put it down. MA George has a wonderful talent and I have truly enjoyed her books. I recommend this book as highly as the first…cannot wait for more. Thank you for the books to read and review!

Meet the Author:

M. A. George is part proud mother of two adorable children, part super top secret agent…Oops, probably just lost that job.

Writing is what keeps her up into the wee hours of the night.  Fortunately, she has a lot of energy (Read: caffeine is her friend).  She has a bit of an obsession with music (It does a fantastic job of tuning out rambunctious children while she attempts to focus).

She sincerely hopes people out there enjoy reading her work as much as she enjoys writing it.  And if anyone hears of work for a super top secret agent, she’s now available (Discretion guaranteed…).

Get news and updates on her latest work (including the continuation of the Proximity series) by visiting her blog at: 
proximitybook.wordpress.com or the Proximity Facebook page at:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing Proximity and Relativity, KJ! I'm so glad you enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome!!! Thanks for stopping by it was a pleasure!!

      Delete